AJA Mini Converter - DVI/HDMI to SDI with ROI Scaling
AJA's ROI Mini-Converter allows exceptionally high quality conversion of computer DVI and HDMI outputs to baseband video over SDI at an affordable price and a very portable size. With incredible image scaling, extensive aspect ratio and frame rate conversion, and audio functionality ROI fulfills the growing need to properly incorporate computer signals into the video world without sacrificing budget or space.
ROI utilizes a DVI loop through, allowing it to be placed in-line so you still have a connection to an external DVI or HDMI monitor while extracting to SDI. The reference input ensures the SDI signal out of ROI is locked for use throughout a production or facility. This converter accepts 2-channel audio from the 3.5mm analog audio input or embedded 8-channel audio from an HDMI input. The audio source and routing can be selected in the MiniConfig software and is embedded in the SDI output. This allows computer audio to be embedded within the SDI signal for easy, synchronized routing.
The free MiniConfig application lets you interactively select a Region of Interest from the incoming DVI or HDMI signal and control how that region is scaled to the output resolution using AJA's high quality scaling algorithms for the cleanest picture quality possible. Take full control of aspect ratio and frame rate conversion with on-screen controls in the MiniConfig software that show you exactly what your source and output will look like and what formats are coming in and going out. Simple menu controls let you quickly choose the proper output for any situation.
- DVI Input: DVI-D connector
- Computer Signals: VGA (640x480) minimum / WUXGA (1920x1200) 60 Hz max (Note: Frame rates limited by the 165Mhz max rate of the DVI Rx)
- Video Signals: 525i/625i, 480p/576p (DSLR cameras), 720p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60, 1080i 50/59.94, 1080p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60
- Input Data Range Control: 1-255 (default – 8 bit nomenclature), 16-235
- Reference Input: Color Black, Tri-Level sync
- Video Outputs: DVI-D loop through / HD/SD-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296, 1 x BNC
- Audio Inputs: Analog 3.5mm TRS, 2-channel / HDMI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-channel
- Audio Output: SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 2-channel or 8-channel
- HDCP: ROI does not encode the HDMI output with HDCP encryption
- User Controls: USB port used with supplied cable and MiniConfig software application to configure device via Mac or Windows
- Physical: 5.765" x 4.020" x 0.9" (146.431mm x 102.108mm x 22.86mm)
- Power: 5-18VDC Regulated, 13 Watts, Power Supply Required (included with purchase)