AKiTiO Thunder Dock
The Thunder Dock from AKiTiO is a Thunderbolt™ dock that links past, present and future technology to your computer with just one Thunderbolt™ cable. Thunder Dock allows you to access your data on almost any device by providing multiple host ports for USB 3.0, eSATA and FireWire 800. Simply connect the dock to your computer with just one cable and get instant access to all the additional storage drives that are hooked up to the dock. The lightning fast Thunderbolt™ interface gives you data transfer rates up to 10Gb/s! It also has two Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining up to 6 additional Thunderbolt devices and storage.
USB 3.0 supporting UASP
The two USB 3.0 ports both support UASP (USB attached SCSI protocol) for increased performance over USB 3.0 but the same ports can also be used to connect to older USB 2.0 storage drives. Note: The maximum transfer rate for each USB port is about 370MB/s.
The USB ports can be used to recharge your electronic devices (e.g. iPad or iPhone) over USB on Mac OS X 10.9.2 or above. Providing up to 2.1A, the AKiTiO Thunder Dock can even recharge your larger devices such as the iPad. It also provides power for the Apple Keyboard and the Apple SuperDrive for computers that do not have a built-in SuperDrive.
FireWire with bus-power (7W)
Long a favorite of Mac users but now replaced by Thunderbolt™ and USB 3.0, the FireWire interface can still be used through the AKiTiO Thunder Dock. Simply hook up your legacy FireWire drives (bus-powered and self-powered) to the dock and you can access all your existing data without having to buy new hard drive enclosures.
eSATA storage (6Gbps)
Not as common as the other interfaces but PC users will be happy to know that there are also two eSATA ports available to hook up external eSATA drives. Two independent eSATA controllers guarantee that the performance doesn't drop, when a second eSATA storage device is connected at the same time. Note: The maximum transfer rate for each eSATA port is about 370MB/s.
Thunderbolt™ is a revolutionary connection technology that simultaneously supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. Thunderbolt™ I/O technology gives you two channels on the same connector with 10 Gbps of throughput in both directions. That makes Thunderbolt™ extremely fast and flexible. In comparison, it is up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0 and up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800.
- Two eSATA host ports (up to 6Gb/s)
- One 7 watt bus-powered FireWire 800 host port
- Two bus-powered USB 3.0 host ports (supports UASP)
- Durable and rugged aluminum casing
- 2x Thunderbolt ports
- 2x eSATA host ports (supports port multiplier)
- 2x USB 3.0 SuperSpeed host ports (supports UASP)
- 1x FireWire 800 host port (supports bus-power)
- Data transfer speed(s):
- Thunderbolt up to 10Gbps
- eSATA up to 6Gbps
- USB 3.0 up to 5Gbps
- FireWire 800 (1394b) up to 800Mbps
- System requirements (PC): Not supported
- System requirements (Mac): Mac OS X v10.9 or later, Computer with Thunderbolt™ connector
- Operating Temperature: 5Â°C ~ 35Â°C
- Storage Temperature: -20Â°C ~ 60Â°C
- Relative Humidity: 5% ~ 95% (non-condensing)
- External power supply (UL, cUL, CE, TUV approved) / Input: AC 100-240V / Output: DC +12V/5A
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.25 inches x 3.83 inches x 0.71 inches
- Package contents:
- AKiTiO Thunder Dock
- Thunderbolt cable
- Power adapter
- Setup guide