Atomos Ninja Star
Give your consumer MPEG video camera a truly professional upgrade with the Atomos Ninja Star portable recorder. Ninja Star's portable form records seamlessly from expensive cameras, actioncams, and secondary production cameras to edit ready Apple ProRes files. Only 3 inches and 130g (4.6 oz), it's small enough to fit in your pocket, strap to a tripod, mount to a DSLR or hang from a quadcopter!
Ninja Star's efficient battery life gives you over 5 hours of recording and playback time. Using CFast cards with capacities up to 256GB, or 2 hrs. and 40 min. of Apple ProRes HQ recording, you can record the whole shoot and play it back on a single battery charge.
The HDMI micro input on the Atomos Ninja Star makes it compatible with any devices that provides or receives HDMI. This includes sports cameras, mobile phones, DSLRs and professional video cameras. Loop out to larger monitors and TVs for client review, and Atomos recorders. Use the Atomos S2H Connect Converter to also make cameras with SDI work with the Ninja Star. Record audio direct from the amera on the 2 embedded digital channels, or add an external mic via the audio line in for an extra two channels of analog audio.
- 130g / 4.6oz (without batteries & CFast media)
- 230g / 8.1oz (with batteries & CFast media)
- 184g / 6.5oz (with mount)
- 314g / 11oz (with mount, batteries & CFast media)
- Dimensions: 95(W) x 60(H) x 25(D)mm
- Constructed of aircraft grade aluminum for portability and durability. Fanless, silent operation.
- Operating Power: 3.5W / 4.5W (Rec & Play)
- Video Input:
- Uncompressed 10/8-bit 4:2:2
- HDMI x 1 (Micro)
- HDMI 1.4
- Video Out: Reclocked, ultra low jitter professional grade HDMI output,
"œHDMI 1.4" (Micro)
- Supported Formats:
- HD 1080i60, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080p30, 1080p25, 1080p24, 1080p23.98, 1080p30(60i), 1080p25(50i), 1080p24(60i), 1080p23.98(60i), 720p60, 720p59.94, 20p50, SD 486i59.94, 576i50
- pSF - Progressive Segmented Frame modes are recorded to Progressive rates
- Most HDMI cameras output 24P, 25P and 30P as 50i or 60i
- Realtime Hardware Encoding: 1920x1080 8/10-bit 4:2:2 to Apple ProRes
- HQ - 220Mbps
- 422 - 150Mbps
- LT - 100Mbps
- Audio Input: HDMI 2 channel + 2 analog channels with gain controls
- Audio Output: HDMI 2 channel / Analog line and Headphone
- Timecode: Sony and Canon compatible HDMI timecode in and out
- Supported Applications: FCPX/FCP7+ / Media Composer 5.0+ / Premiere Pro / EDIUS 6.0+ / Vegas Pro 10+ / Lightworks / Smoke
- Single Battery Charger 110-240V
- 1 x Atomos 2600mAh battery
- Car Adapter for battery charger
For a list of recommended Cfast cards, visit the