Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera
IN STOCK! Free Shipping applies to Ground Shipping in the Continental US.
The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera is a true Super 16 digital film camera that is small enough to take with you anywhere to capture cinema quality footage, ensuring you'll never miss a shot. The camera uses 13 stops of dynamic range and a Super 16 sensor size to record in high quality lossless CinemaDNG RAW or Apple ProRes™. 1080HD resolution ProRes 422 (HQ) files are recorded directly to fast SD cards, so you can edit or color correct your footage almost immediately on the closest laptop. Measuring only 5" x 2.6" x 1.5", and weighing in at only 12.5 oz, it truly is "pocket" sized. Perfect for documentaries, independent films, photo journalism, or any other difficult and remote location filming.
MFT Lens Mount
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera allows you to use a wide range of lenses. With the Super 16 size sensor you can use adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses, or use commonly available low cost Micro Four Thirds lenses and more. With full electronic control of your lens, you can simply point and set iris all on command. The Micro Four Thirds lens mount also gives you the flexibility to adapt to PL or other lens mounts as required.
Open File Format
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera is one of the few cameras to support true open file formats, so you're not locked into a strange file format that your editing software can't handle. You get two dynamic range settings, film Log or video REC709, so you can choose the right dynamic range for your project. Using the included DaVinci Resolve Lite software, you can color correct files natively or transcode them into a different file format to suit your post production workflow.
Portability and Strength
The Pocket Cinema Camera features a lightweight, elegant design that fits into your pocket. Produced from magnesium alloy for incredible strength, it includes a high resolution LCD for precise focusing and a built in SD recorder, so you get a complete solution without the need to buy expensive accessories. With integrated stereo microphones you can also capture great quality sound. The removable rechargeable battery can be swapped quickly on the go, never slowing down you or your shoot.
High Resolution LCD Display
Pocket Cinema Camera's 3.5-inch LCD screen allows you to monitor while filming and review recorded files in high resolution. It also makes it easier to focus accurately and allows you to zoom in to 1:1 size. The display at the bottom of the screen shows record status, shutter angle, time lapse interval, aperture setting, ISO, battery level and record time. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera even includes built in metadata entry, for automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords..
- Effective Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Shooting Resolutions: Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates: 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
- Integrated LCD Screen Dimensions: 3.5", 800 x 480 resolution
- Storage Media: Supports removable SDXC/SDHC cards formatted in either exFAT or HFS+
- Write speed: Up to 220 Mbps using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Compressed Recording Formats: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) in QuickTime MOV, lossless CinemaDNG RAW. Recording in 1920 x 1080 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range
- 1x Micro HDMI Type D Video Output
- 1x 3.5mm Stereo Analog Audio Output
- 1x 3.5mm Stereo Analog Audio Input
- 2 channels 48 kHz and 24 bit HDMI Audio Output
- 1 x 2.5mm LANC Remote Control for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus
- 1x USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration
- Included Software: DaVinci Resolve Lite grading software DVD for Mac OS X and Windows
- Support Software Applications: Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Nuke - The Foundry, Adobe Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve
- Compatible Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later, Windows 7 or later
- External Power: 1 x 0.7mm DC Jack for power and battery charging
- Battery: Removable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for EN-EL20, 12V-20V DC port for external power and battery recharging
- Battery life: Approximately 1 hour of continuous recording time
- Battery Charge Time: Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes when camera is off, and approximately 2 hours when in use
- Operating Temp: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temp: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- 1 Year Warranty
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Wrist strap
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- EN-EL20 Lithium Ion Removable/Rechargeable Battery