Blackmagic Design Production Camera 4K
Now available for pre-order!
Free Shipping applies to Ground Shipping in the Continental US.
Shoot Ultra HD TV or 4K feature films on the new ultra-portable Blackmagic Production Camera 4K. Extremely high resolution 4K footage is supported by the latest high end televisions. Create visually lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes 422 (HQ) files for easy editing with an incredibly small camera in a beautifully crafted machine aluminum chassis. With 12 stops of dynamic range you get amazing looking images beyond those of regular video cameras or even the highest end broadcast cameras. This extra detail allows you to make more creative decisions with DaVinci Resolve color grading (software included). Shoot amazing music videos, TV episodes, commercials, sporting events, documentaries and feature films in Ultra HD with four times the resolution of 1080HD. Blackmagic Production Camera 4K also features a single 6G-SDI output for Ultra HD live production.
Large Super 35 Sensor / PL Compatible Lens Mount
The large Super 35 sensor on the Blackmagic Production Camera allows you to use lenses you already own with ease, achieving familiar framing and behavior. The global shutter allows perfect panning, and minimal crop factor allows beautiful wide angle shots with wide angle lenses. The sensor also provides freedom to reframe and zoom into shots with no resolution loss in HD, and still gives you clean, incredibly smooth images when scaling down from 4K to HD. The PL models allow you to buy or rent professional cinema lenses from companies such as Panavision™, ARRI™ or Zeiss™. You can even use vintage PL cinema lenses when you're shooting period work where you want to recreate the look of that time by using the actual lens they used back in those days!
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K has a built in super fast SSD recorder that easily captures 4K footage in ProRes 422 (HQ) and compressed CinemaDNG files. This 4K camera is designed specifically to be a part of your postproduction workflow. Recording to a removable SSD means that you can simply connect the drive to your computer when done shooting and edit or color correct shots straight from the disk! SSD Disks can either be formatted in HFS+ or exFAT for Mac and Windows compatibility. Recording in 4K Resolution using ProRes™ gives you 36 minutes of footage on a 240GB SSD, or 72 minutes on a 480GB solid state drive. Open file formats save users time and effort converting files before post production can begin, as footage is recorded directly to files compatible with your editing software. The wide dynamic range of the Super 35 size sensor can be mapped into the quantizing range of the file, so you can color grade shots with greater detail in highlights and shadows. If you're working fast, simply select 'Video' and shoot in regular REC709 color space. Use the built in Thunderbolt computer connection with incredibly fast 10 Gb/s transfer speeds so you can capture the camera's output. You can also use the Thunderbolt video output with the included Blackmagic UltraScope software and get technically accurate waveform monitoring, even when using a laptop on set.
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K features an easy to use 5" touchscreen to access menus and change settings such as recording format, shutter angle and more. Double tapping the screen zooms into the image for fast, accurate focus. A single tap on the screen displays the metadata entry page, where you can enter information such as shot number, search tags, scene number, timecode and more. You can even set data to increment automatically, if desired. Metadata saves directly into your files so you can easily search for key terms with common editing software.
- Effective Sensor Size: 21.12mm x 11.88mm (Super 35)
- Effective Sensor Resolution: 4000 x 2160
- RAW Resolution: 12-bit RAW files recorded at 4000 x 2160
- Shooting Resolutions: 4K RAW at 4000 x 2160. ProRes at 3840 x 2160 and 1920 x 1080.
- Frame Rates:
- 4K RAW at 4000 x 2160p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- Ultra HD 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- HD 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- Dynamic Range: 12 stops
- Focus: Focus button turns on peaking.
- Iris Control: Compatible with manually operated PL mount lens
- Lens Mount: PL mount for manually operated lens with manual iris control
- Screen Dimensions: 5" and 800 x 480 resolution
- Screen Type: Integrated LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Metadata Support: Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames, and keywords
- Controls: Onscreen touch menus and physical buttons for recording and transport control
- Microphone: Integrated mono microphone
- Speaker: Integrated mono speaker
- Mounting Options 3 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread mounting points on top of camera. 1 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread tripod mount with locator pin.
- Storage Type: Removable 2.5" SSD
- Storage Format: Mac OS Extended or exFAT format. SSDs can be formatted on any Mac or Windows computer.
- Storage Rates: 8MB per frame using 4K CinemaDNG RAW fits about 20 minutes of video on a 256 GB solid state disk. Compressed Ultra HD formats fit more than 5 times the amount of RAW video.
- Recording Formats: Lossless CinemaDNG RAW with film dynamic range at 4000x2160. Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT) and ProRes 422 (Proxy) at 3840x2160 and 1920x1080 10-bit YUV with either film or video dynamic range
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 with choice of Film or Video dynamic range
- Analog Audio Input: 2 x 1/4" jacks for professional balanced analog audio, switchable between mic and line levels
- Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channels 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Record Start and Stop
- Computer Interface: Thunderbolt port for waveform monitoring of 1080 HD video, and capture of Ultra HD and 1080 HD video. USB 2.0 Mini-B port for software updates and configuration.
- External Power: 12V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 292M
- SDI Audio Sampling: 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Software Included: DaVinci Resolve grading software including Resolve USB dongle for Mac OS X and Windows. Blackmagic UltraScope. Blackmagic Media Express software. Disk Speed Test.
- Software Applications: Final Cut Pro, Adobe® Premiere Pro® CC, After Effects® CC, Nuke, Photoshop® CC, Pro Tools, DaVinci Resolve, UltraScope, Media Express, Disk Speed Test.
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later / Windows 7 or later
- Power: Integrated Lithium-Ion Polymer rechargeable battery. 11V-30V DC port for external battery power or use included 12V AC adapter.
- Battery Life: Approximately 90 minutes
- Battery Charge Time: Approximately 2 hours when not in use
- 6.54 x 5.04 x 4.98 inches / 4.6 lbs.
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- What's Included:
- Blackmagic Production Camera 4K PL
- Sun Shield
- Camera Strap
- Turret Dust Cap
- 12V AC Adapter
- 12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Recommended SSD models available at TapeOnline: