Blackmagic Video Assist
With Blackmagic Video Assist, it's now easy to add professional monitoring and high quality recording to any camera. SDI and HDMI inputs mean Video Assist works with everything from DSLRs to older tape-based camcorders. Whether you are filming a wedding or an indie movie project, you will get the same quality used by major motion pictures and major television shows!
The 5" full resolution HD monitor ensures perfect focus and framing every time. The screen has a wide 135º viewing angle, which means it's easy to see, even when several people are watching. The image also auto rotates, so your cables can always plug easily into the side you need them to. The professional ProRes and DNxHD recorder uses affordable high speed SD cards and saves files compatible with modern NLE software. Record up to 3 hrs of 1080p24 ProRes HQ on a single 256GB card. By connecting to your existing camera, you can record direct to an SD card and bypass any expensive proprietary media your camera may have required. The touchscreen allows settings, histogram, audio meters, timecode display and much more. With a durable yet lightweight design, Video Assist is as portable as it is functional. It includes slots for two rechargeable LP-E6 batteries which are hot-swappable so you can always keep the shoot going. The 12V universal power supply contributes further to continuous operation, and you can monitor audio from the 3.5mm stereo headphone jack. Blackmagic Video Assist works with any camera where you need better monitoring and more professional high quality file recording.
- SDI Video Input: 1 x SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector
- SDI Video Output: 1 x SD/HD/3G-SDI via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- SDI Audio Input: 16 channels embedded in SD and HD in QuickTime files, 2 channels in Avid DNxHD MXF files
- SDI Audio Output: 16 channels embedded in SD and HD in QuickTime files, 2 channels in Avid DNxHD MXF files
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD QuickTime files and Avid DNxHD MXF files.
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD QuickTime files and Avid DNxHD MXF files.
- Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo analog audio output jack.
- SD Interface: 1 x UHS-1 SD slot
- Storage Type: Removable SDXC UHS-1 and SDHC UHS-1 cards. Supports DS, HS, SDR12, SDR25, DDR50, SDR50 and SDR104 SD cards.
- Recorder Control: Integrated capacitive touch LCD screen with onscreen controls for settings and navigating menus
- Screen Dimensions: 5" 1920 x 1080p60 capacitive touchscreen LCD.
- Recorder Configuration: Via the device's USB port or the device's user interface.
- Computer Interface: 1 x Mini-B USB 2.0 connector for initial setup, software updates and HyperDeck Utility software control.
- Supports: Apple ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes LT, ProRes Proxy, Avid DNxHD.
SD Video Standards
- SD Format Support: 625/50i PAL, 525/59.94i NTSC
- HD Format Support: 1280 x 720p50, 1280 x 720p59.94, 1280 x 720p60, 1920 x 1080i50, 1920 x 1080i59.94, 1920 x 1080i60, 1920 x 1080PsF23.98, 1920 x 1080PsF24, 1920 x 1080p23.98, 1920 x 1080p24, 1920 x 1080p25, 1920 x 1080p29.97, 1920 x 1080p30, 1920 x 1080p50, 1920 x 1080p59.94, 1920 x 1080p60
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 425M
- SDI Metadata Support: HD RP188 and closed captioning
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24-bit
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- Multiple Rate support: SDI and HDMI switches between 270 Mb/s SD , 1.5 Gb/s HD , and 3.0 Gb/s 60P HD
HDMI Video Standards
- SD Format Support: 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC, 480p60 and 576p50
- HD Format Support: 1280 x 720p50, 1280 x 720p59.94, 1280 x 720p60, 1920 x 1080i50, 1920 x 1080i59.94, 1920 x 1080i60, 1920 x 1080p23.98, 1920 x 1080p24, 1920 x 1080p25, 1920 x 1080p29.97, 1920 x 1080p30, 1920 x 1080p50, 1920 x 1080p59.94, 1920 x 1080p60
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
- 2 x rechargeable LP-E6 Lithium-Ion batteries
- +12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries
- 5.63 x 1.20 x 3.54 in. / 12.77 oz.
- Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -21° to 45° C (-6° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
What's IncludedBlackmagic Video Assist+12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.12 Month Limited Manufacturer's Warranty