DJI Ronin 3-Axis Stabilized Handheld Gimbal System
Newly developed for filmmaking professionals, DJI Ronin provides groundbreaking camera stabilization technology. Ronin is not customized for any specific camera. It can be easily adjusted to carry everything from small & light Micro-Four-Thirds cameras to heavier systems like the Red Epic.
Simply hold it in your hands to create smooth and stable footage. Providing customer sensors, powerful motors and advanced algorithms, Ronin offers remarkably precise manipulation of control angles - within the range of Â±0.02°. Once your camera is configured, the Ronin can be ready to shoot in as little as five minutes, for maximum on-set efficiency. ATS (Auto Tune Stability) technology tunes Ronin to your camera rig at the touch of a button. No tools are needed for setup and adjustment with its built-in balance adjustment system.
Ronin comes with a 2nd operator transmitter allowing a 2nd operator to pan, tilt, and roll independent of the Ronin's movement. SmoothTrack speeds and operation modes can be assigned with 2 custom toggle switches on the transmitter.
Smoothtrack control transforms tilt and pan movements on the Ronin into smooth and stabilized camera angle changes. 3 different modes of operation allow the gimbal system to be used in multiple scenarios, each of which can easily be entered without changing settings on the Ronin Assistant app or a 2nd operator remote. Smoothtrack functionality works in all three modes.
- Upright Mode: Flip the gimbal over to bring the camera closer to eye level for a higher perspective without straining to lift it. Use this mode when sticking the Ronin out of a car's sunroof or when trying to shoot over a crowd of people.
- Underslung Mode: This is the default gimbal operation, allowing the camera to be comfortably held close to the ground, at chest level or anywhere in between. This mode can also be used when the Ronin is suspended from a camera jib or crane.
- Briefcase Mode: When a slimmer gimbal profile is needed, i.e. when moving through doorways or narrow paths, Briefcase mode is ideal. Hold the gimbal to the side and close to the legs (much like a briefcase).
DJI Ronin is made from precision machined aircraft-grade aluminum and offers the ability to withstand rugged use on set and extreme reliability. No loose cables or zip ties provide a clean, professional appearance.
Bluetooth DJI Assistant software allows easy setup of all system configurations. PC Assistant also provides control of all Ronin's functionalities in addition to firmware upgrades for future features.
- Built-In Functions:
- Three Operation Modes: Underslung Mode, Upright Mode, Briefcase Mode
- Built-in independent IMU module
- DJI Specialized Gimbal Drive Motors with Encoders
- Bluetooth Module
- USB Connection
- 2.4GHz Receiver
- Temperature Sensor
- DJI Advanced 32-Bit DSP Processor
- D-Bus/PPM Receiver Supported
- Accessory Power Connections: 12V regulated P-Tap x 2, USB 500mW x 1, DJI Lightbridge x 1
- GCU Input Power: 4S Ronin Battery
- Connections: 2.4GHz Remote Control, Bluetooth, USB
- PC Assistant Software Requirements: Windows XP SP3; Windows 7; Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit)
- Mobile Assistant Software Requirements: iOS version 6.1 or above Mobile Device iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 5 , iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini
- Working Current: Static current: 300mA (@16V) / Dynamic current: 600mA (@16V) / Locked motor current: Max 10A (@16V)
- Operating Temperature: -15°C ~ 50°C (5°F ~ 120°F)
- Weight: 4.20kg (9.26lbs), fully loaded with handlebar
- Gimbal Dimensions: 620mm(W) x 280-380mm (D)x 500mm(H)
- Supported Camera Dimensions: Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 140mm / Maximum height measured from top of camera base plate: 225mm / Maximum width: 195mm
- Load Weight (Reference Value): 7.25kg (16lbs)
- Controlled Angle Accuracy: 0.02°
- Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed: Pan axis: 90°/sec / Tilt axis: 100°/sec / Roll axis: 30°/sec
- Controlled Rotation Range: Pan axis control: 360° / Tilt axis control: Up 45° to Down 120° / Roll axis control: Â± 25°