GoPro HERO4 Session
Item has been discontinued, and limited quantities remain. Please call 877-893-8273 with any questions!
GoPro HERO4 Session is the smallest, lightest GoPro yet. 50% smaller and 40% lighter than previous models, HERO4 Session is the most wearable and mountable GoPro to date. Take it with you anywhereHERO4 Session comes with specially designed mounts and accessories that work seamless with other GoPro gear to give you more mounting options then ever before. When the camera is mounted upside down, Auto Image Rotation automatically adjusts the capture orientation to right-side up so there's no need to flip your footage in post-production. HERO4 Session is rugged and waterproof to 33' (10m), eliminating the need for a separate housing. Its convenient, ready-to-go design makes it easy to get out the door quickly to capture and enjoy your session.
Don't be fooled by its size: GoPro HERO4 Session delivers stunning video quality. Capture high-resolution 1440p30 and 1080p60 video that is sharp and lifelike. High frame rate 720p100 video enables exceptionally smooth slow-motion playback of your best moments.
HERO4 Session also packs powerful photo capture and a variety of photo modes. Capture 8MP single photos, Time Lapse photos at set intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds, and Burst photos at 10 frames per second. When it comes to versatile photo capture, this GoPro's got you covered. With the built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, you can change settings and access most video and photo modes using the GoPro App or Smart Remote from distances up to 600' (182m).
Easy one-button control means you can power on the camera and begin capturing video or Time Lapse photos with the single press of the shutter button. A second press and it stops recording and powers down the camera. It's that simple.
HERO4 Session features SuperView™, a GoPro-exclusive video mode that captures the world's most immersive wide-angle field of view. It allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shotresulting in captivating, ultra engaging footage of every adventure. Auto Low Light mode changes frame rates automatically based on lighting conditions, providing optimal low-light performance. This allows the user to move easily between bright and dark environments without having to adjust settings.
The HiLight Tag feature enables you to mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate your best clips later for convenient playback, editing or sharing. Just press the button on the camera or Smart Remote when you capture a moment you'd like to tag. You can also tag your highlights using the GoPro App.
HERO4 Session features two microphones: one on the front of the camera and one on the back. When filming in windy conditions or during high-speed activities like motorsports, the camera automatically switches to the mic that's best-suited for capturing optimal audio, resulting in reduced wind noise and enhanced audio captureno matter what the conditions or activity.
HERO4 Session features a built-in battery, offering up to two hours of recording time with a full charge. The included USB cable lets you charge the camera with a computer or a GoPro Auto or Wall Charger.
HERO4 Session is compatible with all GoPro mounts. So whether you've got a stash of mounts at home, or you're looking for fresh ways to capture your favorite activities, you'll be good to go. Wear it on your helmet or chest for a unique perspective. Mount it to bikes, boards, motorcycles and more to capture immersive footage of the experience. Wear it. Mount it. Love it.
- Video Format: H.264 codec, .mp4 file format
- Photo Resolutions:
- 8MP (Default), Wide FOV, 3264 x 2448 Screen Resolution
- 5MP, Medium FOV, 2720 x 2040 Screen Resolution
- Burst Rate:
- 3 photos/1 second
- 5 photos/1 second
- 10 photos/1 second (Default)
- 10 photos/2 seconds
- Time Lapse Photo Intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60 seconds
- Advanced Video Capture Settings:
- Protune™: Protune unlocks the camera's full potential, delivering cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions and advanced manual control. Flex your creativity with customizable settings for ISO Limit and Sharpnessand enjoy the manual control of your GoPro camera. Protune enables manual control of ISO Limit and Sharpness for advanced control and customization of your video. Available for 1440p, 1080p and 960p60/50. Not available for Looping Video or photos.
- ISO Limit: ISO Limit adjusts the camera's sensitivity in low-light environments, and creates a balance between brightness and resulting image noise. Image noise refers to the degree of graininess in the image.
- Setting: 1600 (Default)- Moderately bright video in low light, moderate image noise
- Setting: 400 - Darker video in low light, reduced image noise
- Sharpness: Sharpness controls the sharpness of your video footage.
- On (Default) - Moderately sharp video
- Off - Softer video that allows for more flexibility in post-production
- Spot Meter: Spot Meter is good for filming into a setting where the lighting is different from where you are, such as filming the outdoors from within a car or filming a shaded environment while standing in the sun. Spot Meter automatically sets the exposure based on a single spot in the middle of the image.
- Image Quality + Optics: Ultra sharp image quality with all-glass lens / Ultra wide-angle field of view with reduced distortion
- Battery + Charging:
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Rated at 1030mAH, 3.8V, 3.23Wh
- Integrated with camera
- Format: 32kHz sampling rate, AAC compression
- AGC (automatic gain control)
- Internal mic: Mono x 2
- External mic: Not supported
- Ports: Micro USB for charging battery, using external power during recording, connecting to a computer for playback/file transfer/charging and microSD
- Memory card Storage: microSD memory card with at least a Class 10 or UHS-I rating required. Up to 64GB capacity supported. Record times vary with resolutions and frame rates.
- Photo + Video Playback
- GoPro App (free): Use the GoPro App to access all modes and adjust settings, and preview and play back videos and photos.
- Computer: Use the included USB cable to transfer files to a computer. Use GoPro Studio to play back videos and photos.