LaCie 2TB Bolt3 Thunderbolt 3 Drive
Pull off your ultra high-res projects with the world’s fastest desktop storage. Break open bottlenecks and tighten up 4K–6K video workflows with blistering Thunderbolt 3 speeds and a reliable, new industrial design.
For the Bolt3, LaCie harnessed the breakthrough performance potential of the Thunderbolt 3 I/O and paired it with the absolute fastest SSDs on the market. With a pair of M.2 PCIe SSDs striped together into a 2TB volume, the result is astonishing speeds of up to 2800MB/s. That kind of speed slashes time off nearly every task in your post-production workflow. Ingest RAW footage from RED or Blackmagic cinema cameras in a fraction of the time. Transcode 4/5/6K footage much faster using Adobe Premiere Pro or DaVinci Resolve. Then transfer a terabyte of footage from the Bolt3 to RAID storage—such as the LaCie 12big Thunderbolt 3—in minutes instead of hours.
Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt performance to USB-C connectivity at electrifying speeds of up to 40Gb/s, creating a single compact port that does it all. Thunderbolt 3 permits daisy chaining and provides four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other cable, while also supplying power. It's possible to connect the Bolt3 to devices with previous generations of Thunderbolt. Just use a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (sold separately).
You can daisy chain one USB-C (USB 3.1) or up to five Thunderbolt 3 devices, connect dual 4K displays, and even power a compatible laptop**—all through a single USB-C cable connected to your computer. With two 4K displays, you can spread out your workspace by dedicating one display to your timeline and the other to previewing 4K footage, for example. Thunderbolt 3 delivers double the performance and versatility of any other interface.
- Internal Storage Media: 2 × M.2 PCIe SSDs
- Interfaces: Dual Thunderbolt 3
- Interface Transfer Rates (maximum theoretical bus speed): 40Gb/s
- Performance Benchmark: 2800MB/s reads
- Interface Technology: Bi-directional, dual-protocol, and supports dual 4K displays or one 5K display
- Daisy Chain: Connect up to five Thunderbolt 3 or one USB 3.1 device or a high-resolution display via a single USB-C cable
- Security: AES 256-bit software encryption
- Cooling: All-aluminum, heat-dissipating enclosure
- Power Supply: 100-240 V; 50/60 Hz; 60W
- Dimensions (W × H × D): 115 × 203 × 25 mm / 4.5 × 8 × 1 in.
- Weight: 785 g / 1.7 lbs (excluding display stand)
- What’s Included:
- LaCie Bolt3
- Magnetic display stand
- USB-C (Thunderbolt 3 40Gb/s) cable
- Power supply
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Install Guide
- Intego Backup Manager Pro
- LaCie Private-Public (protect data with AES 256-bit encryption)
- Download product software from LaCie website.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Computer with a USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) port
- Latest version of Mac OS X 10.10 and later / Latest version of Windows 8 and later
- Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- Note: Your PC may need updates for the Thunderbolt 3 ports to function properly.