LaCie 3TB d2 Thunderbolt 2 & USB 3.0
The new LaCie d2 combines best-in-class interfaces with a Seagate 7200 RPM hard disk, resulting in stunning speeds of up to 180 MB/s. With this speed, it's possible to store and browse a massive RAW Adobe® Lightroom® library with zero lag. High speeds plus industry-best capacity makes the LaCie d2 the perfect solution for storing large files and archiving projects.
The casing is forged from a single sheet of aluminum, providing uncommon rigidity for long-term durability and premium quality.
For Thunderbolt connections, save energy by pressing the power button to spin down disks without interrupting daisy chain transfers. For USB connections, disk spins down automatically when the host operating system goes to sleep.
The seamless, all-aluminum unibody enclosure draws heat away from the hard disk. The integrated base extends the enclosure's surface area, providing even more space for heat dissipation. The results are a long lifespan for components and ultra-quiet operation.
Integrated Cable Management
Built-in cable management prevents accidentally disconnected interface or power cables without compromising the look and design of the product.
A cushioning base and vibration-absorbing hard disk mounts combine to dramatically reduce vibration.
Optional External Hybrid Storage Upgrade
Install the optional LaCie d2 SSD Upgrade (sold separately) to multiply speeds by a factor of five, with zero compromise in capacity. At up to 1150 MB/s, the LaCie d2 with the d2 SSD Upgrade delivers speeds that exceed the performance of even the internal SSD on your late-model PC or Mac computer – in a single-disk enclosure. Simply remove the rear panel on the LaCie d2 to install the upgrade, and instantly you have an additional 128 GB of SSD storage. Two separate drives mount on the computer: one for the SSD, and one for the hard disk. Use the SSD for bandwidth-intensive tasks such as fast file transfers, audio mixing, video editing, or OS booting, and use the hard disk for file archiving. No other solution offers this level of performance and capacity in such a compact footprint.
- Internal Storage Media: 1x 7200 RPM/64 MB cache (or greater) hard disk
- Interface: 2x Thunderbolt™ 2 ports and
1x USB 3.0 port (UAS and USB 2.0 compatible)
- Interface Transfer Rate: Thunderbolt 2: 20 Gb/s, USB 3.0: 5 Gb/s
- Performance Benchmark: Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0: Up to 180 MB/s reads (With optional LaCie d2 SSD Upgrade: 1150 MB/s reads
- Thunderbolt 2 Technology: Bidirectional 20 Gb/s permits a high-resolution display and RAW 4K video playback
- Power-Saving Mode: Reduce power consumption by spinning down disks without disrupting daisy chain transfers (short press on front button initiates power-saving mode; long press turns product off completely)
- Security: AES 256-bit software encryption, Kensington® lock compatible, Cable management
- Cooling: Fan-free design with all-aluminum unibody enclosure for low vibration and near-silent operation
- External Hybrid Storage: Compatible with LaCie d2 SSD Upgrade (sold separately):
- Adds hard disk + SSD versatility in a single-disk enclosure
- Boosts speeds up to 1150 MB/s
- Two independent drives mount – one for hard disk, one for SSD (JBOD)
- Note: The LaCie d2 SSD Upgrade requires a LaCie d2 Thunderbolt 2. It is not compatible with the LaCie d2 USB 3.0.
- Software: Intego® Backup Assistant for Mac®, LaCie Genie Timeline for PC, LaCie Private-Public (protect data with AES 256-bit encryption)
- Power Supply: 100-240V, 50/60Hz; 18W
- Acoustic: Typical noise level: 28 dB^
- Dimensions: 60 x 217 x 130 mm / 2.4 x 8.5 x 5.1 in.
- Weight: 1.3 kg / 2.9 lbs
- System Requirements: Computer with a Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, or USB 2.0 port / Thunderbolt 2: Mac OS® X 10.8.5 or later / USB 3.0: Windows® 7, Windows 8, or Mac OS X 10.6 or later /Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
- Box Content:
- LaCie d2
- Thunderbolt cable
- USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0 compatible)
- External power supply
- Quick Install Guide