MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner
Free shipping applies to Ground shipping within the continental U.S.
Quickly turn the things in your world into 3D models that you can modify, improve, share, and 3D print. With just two clicks, the MakerBot® Digitizer™ Desktop 3D Scanner's easy to use (yet sophisticated) software creates clean, watertight 3D models that are ready to 3D print. The whole process has been optimized to work seamlessly with MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printers, but you get standard design files to use on the 3D printer of your choice. You don't need any design or 3D modeling skills to get started, and it all happens in just minutes. When you scan an object, you give it a brand new life in the digital world. The MakerBot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner outputs standard 3D file formats so that you can improve, shape, mold, twist, animate, and transform objects in a third-party 3D modeling program.
Sharing is central to the Next Industrial Revolution, so it's built directly into the MakerBot Digitizer experience. Send your 3D design files to friends, family, and colleagues, or easily upload them to Thingiverse.com, the largest community for sharing 3D designs.
Behind the two-click simplicity is a powerful and complex reconstruction process. MakerWare for Digitizer contains an algorithm that connects hundreds of thousands of points into a seamless digital mesh in just seconds. There's no patching, stitching, or repairing required, so you can skip straight to your creative process. We've worked hard to create software that saves you time. MakerBot MultiScanâ„¢ Technology allows you to scan objects from multiple angles to capture the top, bottom, and hidden parts of your object. You can then "œmerge" them together to create the best possible 3D model.
- Scan volume: Up to 20.3 cm diameter x 20.3 cm H (8 x 8 in)
- Dimensional accuracy: Â± 2.0 mm (Â± 0.079 in)
- Detail resolution: 0.5 mm (0.0197 in)
- Triangles per 3D model: Approx. 200K
- Scan Speed: Approx. 12 minutes
- Steps per Rotation: 800 per rotation
- Optimal Light Conditions: Artificial indoor light
- Maximum Weight on Turntable: 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Included Software: MakerWare for Digitizer
- Exported File Types: .stl, .thing
- Operating Systems: Windows (7+), Mac OSX (10.7+), Linux (UBUNTU 12.04+)
- Lasers: Two eye-safe Class 1 laser line generators
- Camera: 1.3 megapixel CMOS image sensor
- Enclosure Material: PC ABS
- Connectivity: USB connection
- Stepper Motor: 0.9Â° Step Angle with 1/16 Micro-Stepping
- Product Dimensions: 47.5 L x 20.3 H x 41.1 cm W (18.7 x 8.0 x 16.2 in)
- Product Weight: 2.1 kg (4.7 lbs)
- Storage Temperature: 0°–55° C (32°–90° F)
- Operating Temperature: 15°–32° C [60°–90° F)
- AC Input: 100–240 V, ~2 Amps, 50–60 Hz
- Power Requirements: 12 V DC @ 2.08 Amps