MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer
Free shipping applies to Ground shipping within the continental U.S.
With the new MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D printer, you can create professional-quality, realistic products at 100-micron layer resolution. Replicator 2X comes equipped with cutting edge dual extrusion technology for the latest developments in filament and multi-material printing. Add a new layer of creativity to your designs with interlaced colors! Precisely aligned dual nozzles give perfect prints in one or two colors. The printer is optimized for use with MakerBot ABS filaments in a wide range of colors. Firmware improvements on the Replicator 2X reduce filament reversal, retraction, and over-run, meaning there is clearer definition between colors.
This 3D printer is designed with ease of use in mind, and all of its newer features add up to a machine with less maintenance required and more uptime for production. The new easy-load filament lever makes loading filament as easy as flipping a light switch. The re-designed filament feeding system dramatically reduces stripping, skipping, and jamming. Constant force filament feeding system has no parts to wear out or need adjustment. Replicator 2X's new thermal core design stabilizes internal temperature for more reliable prints. Its industrial strength steel frame provides stability during high-speed printing, and the 3-point build platform leveling adjusts quickly to compensate for any imbalance. Built with wear-resistant, oil-infused brass bearings designed to last longer and limit required service and repairs.
Included MakerBot MakerWare software allows you to prepare your 3D models using a comfortable, intuitive interface. New improvements to the software and its slicing engine make it even faster and more accurate, and you can experiment with layer height resolutions much finer than 100 microns. You can easily drag and drop multiple 3D models and automatically arrange them on the virtual build platform. Updates in the software make it easier to generate dual extrusion prints. MakerBot firmware enables improved, smoother acceleration to generate finer detail with less vibration. Save projects as new .thing files! Also compatible with .stl and .obj files, as well as Mac/Linux/Windows operating systems.
Replicator 2X comes with a super flat heated build plate that is optimized for ABS filaments. Better temperature control keeps the build plate heated evenly throughout. Its high-tolerance aluminum material is machined for crucial flatness to prevent warping or sagging that can affect the print quality. Each build plate is also anodized for longevity and durability. Surface tape comes cut to size for smooth, hassle-free application.
The six-sided enclosure on Replicator 2X blocks drafts and stabilizes the ABS cooling period for less cracking and peeling. Its magnetic lid snaps on and off for easy access, while the clear-view top and sides allows you to easily monitor your project's progress. The door has friction hinges to keep it in place for easy print retrieval, and the magnetic latches keep small hands safe from hot components whether at home or at school.
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling
- Build Volume: 25 L X 16 W X 15 H cm (9.8 X 6.3 X 5.9 in.)
- Layer Resolution: 100 microns (0.0039 in)
- Positioning Precision: XY: 11 microns (0.0004 in) / Z: 2.5 microns (0.0001 in)
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm (0.069 in)
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm (0.015 in)
- Software Bundle: MakerBot MakerWare
- File Types: .stl, .obj, .thing
- Operating Systems: Windows 7+ / Mac OS X 10.6+ / Linux Ubuntu 12.04+
- Connectivity: USB, SD card (both included)
- Chassis: Powder coated steel
- Body: PVC panels
- Build Platform: Heated, black anodized 356F aluminum
- XYZ Bearings: Wear-resistant, oil-infused bronze
- Stepper Motors: 1.8° step angle with 1/16 micro-stepping
- Storage Temperature: 0°–32° C (32°–90° F)
- Operating Temperature: 15°–32° C (60°–90° F)
- AC Input: 100–240 V, ~4 amps, 50–60 Hz
- Power Requirements: 24 V DC @ 9.2 amps
- Product Dimensions Without Spool: 49 (L) X 32 (W) X 53.1 (H) cm (19.1 X 12.8 X 20.9 in)
- With Spool: 49 (L) X 42 (W) X 53.1 (H) cm (19.1 X 16.5 X 20.9 in)
- Shipping Dimensions: 60.5 (L) X 58.4 (W) X 41.7 (H) cm (23 X 23.8 X 16.4 in)
- Product Weight: 12.6 kg (27.8 lbs)
- Shipping Weight: 20.0 kg (44.0 lbs)