MakerBot Replicator 5th Generation Desktop 3D Printer
The all new 5th Generation Replicator has all of the features you've come to depend on from MakerBot 3D Printers with some exciting additions, including an on-board camera, 3.5" LCD display, Smart Extruder and wi-fi capability! It has an 11% larger build volume and faster print times for even more accelerated prototyping and model making. 5th Generation machines offer more connection possibilities than older models- USB stick, USB cable, Ethernet cable, or Wi-Fi (coming soon).
5th Generation MakerBot Replicators include a 3.5" full-color LCD display that allows users to access their object library and see previews of the model files right on the printer. The new intuitive dial and on-board interface allow you to access utilities for set up and maintenance of the printer, so the experience is even more user friendly.
Now with an on-board camera, Replicator 5th Generation models make it easy to monitor your print from a remote location, or share your results to MakerBot Thingiverse and social networks. The camera is accessible through MakerBot Desktop software and MakerBot's new mobile apps. It even automatically takes reference pictures of final prints and saves them to your cloud storage library.
MakerBot's newly improved Smart Extruder is attached magnetically, making repairs or replacements much easier. This new extruder is also designed to automatically detect filament absence or clogs, and pauses the print so you don't lose your entire project. When there is an issue, it can send notifications to MakerBot Desktop and MakerBot Mobile apps so you know as soon as possible, even when away from the machine.
Download the free, user-friendly MakerBot Mobile app (available Spring 2014) for remote monitoring from the on-board camera feed, notifications and alerts from your printer, and to pause or cancel your current print job.
Now with assisted leveling for your print board, you can get your printing started much more quickly on the Replicator 5th Generation. Visual feedback makes leveling easier, with increased precision for consistently higher quality prints.
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling
- Build Volume: 25.2 L x 19.9 W x 15.0 H cm
[9.9 x 7.8 x 5.9 in.]
7,522 cubic centimeters [456 cubic inches]
- Layer Resolution: 100 microns [0.0039 in]
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm [0.069 in]
- Filament Compatibility: MakerBot PLA Filament, Large Spool - 0.9 kg [2.0 lbs.]
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4 mm [0.015 in]
- Print File Type: .makerbot
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 15-32°C [60-90°F]
- Storage Temperature: 0-38°C [32-100°F]
- Product Dimensions: 52.8 L X 44.1 W X 41.0 H cm [20.8 X 17.4 X 16.2 in.]
- Product Weight: 16 kg [35.3 lbs.]
- PC ABS with Powder-coated Steel Reinforcement
- Build Surface: Glass with Blue Tape
- Stepper Motors: 1.8° Step Angle with 1/16 Micro-Stepping
- XY Positioning Precision: 11 microns [0.0004 in.]
- Z Positioning Precision: 2.5 microns [0.0001 in.]
- Software Bundle: MakerBot Desktop
- Supported File Types: STL, OBJ, THING, MAKERBOT
- Operating Systems: Windows (7+) / Mac OS X (10.7+) / Linux (Ubuntu 12.04+, Fedora 19+)
- Power Requirements: 100–240V, 50–60 HZ
0.76-0.43 A, 100 W
- Connectivity: USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi (Coming Soon)
- Camera Resolution: 320 X 240