This high performance SSD drive from OWC will get you maximum mobile performance and battery life from your notebook computer.
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use
- Intelligent "Recycling" for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted
- RAISE™(Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life
This internal 2.5" SATA SSD uses the latest SandForce 2282 Processor and DuraClass™ technology to deliver the highest transfer speed, endurance, and performance available today.
With sustained reads up to 559MB/s and writes up to 527MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC Mercury EXTREME SSD line delivers unbeatable performance that's designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts and backed by a five year warranty.
This OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD is performance certified for use with all Macs and PCs equipped with SATA Revisions 3.0, 2.0, and 1.0 interfaces (SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s) except for the following machines: 2008/2009 MacBook/MacBook Pro 13", 15", and 17" models. (Model IDs: MacBookPro5,1; 5,2; 5,3; 5,4; 5,5 and MacBook5,1; 6,1; 7,1)
Approved for use with Blackmagic Design's HyperDeck Shuttle, HyperDeck Studio, and HyperDeck Studio Pro.
While a 6G SSD does function, it will only do so at SATA Revision 1.0 (1.5Gb/s) speeds rather that the SATA Revision 2.0 (3.0Gb/s) speed the machine can deliver. Should owners of these machines desire another SSD option, the Mercury Electra 3G SSD does run at the full SATA Revision 2.0 (3Gb/s) specification.