OWC 240GB Mercury Electra 6G SSD - OWCSSD7E6G240
This internal 2.5" SATA SSD delivers the highest transfer speed, endurance, and performance available today. With sustained reads up to 556MB/s and writes up to 523MB/s, up to 100X greater data protection than enterprise class Hard Disk Drives, and RAISE technology for RAID like data protection and reliability, the OWC 240GB Mercury Electra 6G SSD line delivers unbeatable performance. It's also designed and built in the U.S. from domestic and imported parts and backed by a 3 Year OWC SSD Limited Warranty.
Replace your conventional hard drive with a reliable solid state drive. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, OWC SSDs have no moving parts, resulting in a quiet, cool, and highly rugged storage solution that also offers near instantaneous system response.
Includes 7 mm to 9.5 mm Adapter / Spacer
Attach this adapter to the top of any 7mm, 2.5-inch drive for installations that require a 9.5mm drive height for proper use, whether you need a 9.5mm drive height for a dock, camera, server, device, PC, or external drive. This adapter is not needed for 2.5-inch drive installations that use the standard side or bottom mounting positions to secure the drive in place, and is not needed for any installation of a 7mm drive in Apple Macintosh computers.
- Controller: SandForce 2281 Series Processor with 7% Over Provisioning
- NAND: Tier 1 Asynchronous MLC NAND Flash
- Form Factor: Standard 7mm 2.5"
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s supported, SATA 3.0 Compliant
- Capacity: 240GB useable capacity; Total Flash Memory Components – 256GB, 16GB allocated to real-time data redundancy & error correction
- Formatted Capacity: 223GiB
- RAID Support: Qualified for single drive and multiple drive production workstation RAID 0/1/10/0+1 and SPAN usage.
- SMART Attributes: Standard
- Native Command Queuing: up to 32 commands
- RoHS Compliant: Yes
- Format: Unformatted (Instructions on formatting here)
- Height (max): 7mm (0.276")
- Width (max): 70.06mm (2.758")
- Length (max): 100.12mm (3.941")
- Weight: 77 grams +/- 2 grams / 0.170 lbs +/- 2.71 oz
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 158°F / 0°C to 70°C
- Non-Operating Temperature: -67°F to 302°F / -55°C to 150°C
- Data Reliability: ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bytes correctable per 512-byte sector
- Security: Chip Based Data Encryption: 128-bit AES-compliant
- TRIM Support: OS Dependent
- Nonrecoverable Read Errors: Less than 1 sector per 1016bits read
- Warranty: 3 Year OWC SSD Limited Warranty (Standard return policy applies)
- Sustained Reads 6Gb/s (up to): 556MB/s
- Sustained Writes 6Gb/s (up to): 523MB/s
- Sustained Reads 3Gb/s (up to): 284MB/s
- Sustained Writes 3Gb/s (up to): 268MB/s
- Read Incompressible Data Rate (up to): 208MB/s
- Write Incompressible Data Rate (up to): 235MB/s
- Random 4K Read: Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Random 4K Write: Up to 60,000 IOPS
- Read Latency: less than 0.1ms
- Write Latency: less than 0.1ms
- Idle (Typical): 0.0 bels
- Seek (Typical): 0.0 bels