Rocstor Commander 3F - 2TB
Commander line is the world's most technologically advanced real-time, hardware encrypted external hard drives in the market today.
Designed, engineered, integrated, and assembled in the United States to satisfy the requirements of demanding security concerned professionals and governments, the Commander line can support a Solid State Drive "œSSD" or a fast SATA high-capacity 3.5"³ hard drive, and has a uniquely stylish and ruggedized design that will complement any desktop. It features ~1.5 Lb of recycled aluminum case that can be conveniently stacked or mounted vertically. With its built-in power supply and fan-less and quiet operation, the Commander can be easily moved from one desktop environment to another using the provided carrying case. The Commander is compatible with both Windows and Macintosh environments without any software installations.
The Commander external hard drives deliver extraordinary performance, rapid file transfer speeds (up to 5,000 Mbits/s), and proven reliability for both Mac and PC users. And because it provides up to 3TB single hard drive, one of the first of its kind, this device is one of the most, if not the most, versatile portable external drives in the world.
The Commander 3F series is made with more than ~1.5 Lb (~0.75 Kg) of recycled aluminum, making this enclosure both ruggedized and durable.Commander 3F An exclusive shock-absorbing mechanism (patent pending) is built into the enclosure. Its function is to keep the hard drive suspended within the casing, while dissipating the heat produced by the hard drive. The Commander line is designed this way to allow peak performance while operating at an optimal temperature.
The built-in power supply offers the user added convenience by eliminating the need to carry nonstandard and sometimes hefty adaptors and cables that are normally required to power typical hard drives. The power supply contained in the Commander line is Auto-Switchable 240VA/100VA (will work internationally) and uses any standard computer cable, no matter what country you are in. In addition, due to the heat dissipating automatically through the enclosure, there is no fan installed, which makes the device virtually silent while it is operating.
FIPS InsideOne of the most secure and cutting-edge hardware-based encryption chipsets is integrated into the internal circuitry of the Commander lines. The cryptographic encryption module contains features such as Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength, and real-time encryption so that there is virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data. While in either CBC or ECB modes, the encryption chipset bears certifications from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and FIPS Level 2 for a Cryptographic Module. The Commander is authenticated by a digital key token, which is inserted for authentication, and removed soon after the device is authenticated, and then ready for secure data transfer.
- 7200 RPM
- USB 3.0 (2.0 compatible) and FireWire 800 (FireWire 400 compatible) via a standard FW800 to FW400 (9 pin to 6 pin) cable or adaptor
- Transfer Rates: USB 3.0 up to 5,000Mbit/s (USB 2.0 up to 480Mbit/s) and FireWire 800 up to 800Mbit/s (FireWire 400 up to 400Mbit/s)
- Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm AES-256 bit key strength
- Real-time encryption (virtually zero time in encrypting and decrypting the data)
Hardware encryption (not software imbedded in a chip)
- CBC or ECB modes
- The cryptographic engine is NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) of USA and CSE (Communications Security Establishment) of Canada certified hardware AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm.
- FIPS (US Federal Information Processing Standard) 140-2 Cryptographic Engine validated (FIPS Inside)
- Authentication: Secure key token
- No software or GUI involved or required installation (for encryption or authentication)
- Desktop and portable external storage drive
- Ruggedized aluminum casing
- Built-in power supply
- Carrying case included
- Incorporates SATA hard drive
- USB and FireWire connections
- Speeds up to 5,000 Megabytes per second
- Enhanced with new shock-absorbents mechanism (patent in progress)
- Compatible with both Windows and Macintosh environments
- Power: Auto-Switchable 240VA/100VA international use
- Direct (AC) plug in to electricity (no bulky adaptor required)
- Includes all necessary cables
- 8.62" x 5.98" x 1.65"
- 3.25 lbs.
- Apple: Mac OS 10.5 or later ( PowerPC or Intel processor)
- PC: Microsoft, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7-8 (266MHz or faster Intel or equivalent processor)
- 1GB RAM memor recommended
- Power Requirements: Built-in power supply (International 220-110V) (no adaptors required), Direct connection to electricity via a standard (computer) power cable