RODE VideoMic Directional On-camera Microphone - VideoMic-R
The RODE VideoMic is a professional grade 1/2" condenser shotgun microphone designed for use with consumer video cameras and personal audio recorders.
The integrated Rycote® Lyre® based shock mounting system isolates the VideoMic capsule and electronics from its all-metal shoe mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone. Constructed from a single piece of hard-wearing thermoplastic, the Lyre® provides superior acoustic suspension to traditional elastic solutions, and will never wear out, sag or snap.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8" thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand.
By employing a super-cardioid polar pattern the VideoMic becomes highly directional, focusing on the subject in front of the camera, and minimizing surrounding noise.
In addition to the microphone's native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
The RODE VideoMic directional on-camera microphone is designed in Australia and covered by RODE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 40Hz ~ 20,000Hz (selectable HPF@80Hz)
- Sensitivity: -38dB dB re 1V/Pa @ 1kHz
- Nominal Impedence: 200Î© - phantom power
- Equivalent Noise: 20dBA SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum Output: +6.9dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kÎ©)
- Dynamic Range: 114dB (per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 134dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kÎ© load)
- Signal/Noise: 74dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Power Req.: 9V alkaline battery (Current 5mA)
- Output Connection: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Dimensions: 255mm L x 90mm H x 100mm D
- Net Weight: 171g