Sonnet Tango 3.0 USB 3.0/FireWire 800 Combo PCIe Express Card - FW8USB3A-E
Install Sonnet's Tango™ 3.0 PCIe into your computer to instantly add (or add more of) the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and high-speed FireWire 800 (1394b) connections you need!
Your computer's USB ports 2.0 are perfectly adequate for connecting mice and keyboards, but performance-wise, they're merely passablethey limit data transfer speeds to around 25–30 MB/s. But, when you connect an external drive and expect great performance, that bottleneck is a problemvideo editing, backing up, and other data-intensive activities suffer as a result. The Tango 3.0 PCIe card's USB 3.0 ports provide up to 10x the performance of your computer's USB 2.0 ports and exploit the full performance potential of fast external drives. Each USB port supports USB 3.0 hubs, and provides 1A of power to connected devices, enabling you to forgo connecting power adapters for many bus-powered drives.
The Tango 3.0 PCIe card's three external FireWire 800 ports extract every ounce of performance from fast external drives, DV camcorders, and digital audio interfaces to deliver maximum data transfer speeds and satisfy the demands of video and pro audio application work, where high-speed and high-bandwidth data throughput are essential. Each FireWire port provides 1A of power to connected devices, too.
Tango 3.0 PCIe installs easily into one of your computer's PCI Express® (PCIe) slots, features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all industry-standard USB 3.0, USB 2.0, FireWire 800, and FireWire 400 (with adapter) peripherals. Get a Tango 800 3.0 to make the fastest connections to your digital device collection.
- USB 3.0 and FireWire 800 PortsAdd SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and FireWire 800 ports to your Mac Pro with PCIe slots, Windows PC, or Thunderbolt-to-PCIe expansion chassis
- Wide USB 3.0 Support & CompatibilityUSB 3.0 ports support storage, hubs, and other USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Supports Hot-Swappable Device ConnectionPlug in and disconnect peripherals without shutting off your computer
- Powered PortsSupport bus-powered drives (1A per USB 3.0 port, 1A per FireWire port)
- Optimized for ThunderboltProvides maximum performance over Thunderbolt
- Easy InstallationQuick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot of your computer
- 1 Year Warranty
- Bus Interface: PCI Express 2.0 x1
- Number of Ports: 2x external USB 3.0, 1x internal USB 3.0 Dual Port Connector, 3x external FireWire 800
- Cables Supported (External): USB 3.0 with Standard-A male connector, USB 2.0 with Standard-A male connector / 9-pin male FireWire 800 cables
- Cables Supported (Internal): 20-pin male USB 3.0
- Peripherals Supported: Industry standard USB 3.0 and 2.0 peripherals / Supports all industry standard FireWire 800 and FireWire 400 peripherals
- Chipset: Fresco Logic (USB) / LSI (FireWire)
- Data Transfer Rate: USB 3.0: 5 Gbps / 800/400/200/100 Mbits/s
- Number of Devices Supported: USB - Up to 127 / FireWire - Up to 63 (data only)
- Hot Plug: Supports hot-pluggable and hot swappable device connection
- Supports Target Disk Mode
- Mac Compatibility: Mac Pro (with PCIe slots), OS X Version 10.8.4+, OS X Mavericks compatible
- PC Compatibility: PC (with PCIe slots; PCIe 2.0 slots recommended), Windows 8/7/Vista
- Thunderbolt Compatibility: Any computer with a Thunderbolt port via Sonnet's Echo Express Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion chassis or other qualified Thunderbolt expansion chassis