Sony AIT-3, SDX3-100C
Sony AIT (Advanced Intelligent Tape) data format features both an MIC chip and a pure metal magnetic layer designed for maximum capacity and longevity.
- 100GB native, 260GB compressed capacity.
- Compatible with AIT-3Ex, AIT-4 and AIT-5 drives.
- Scalable and backwards compatible with previous generations.
- Delivers data at a fast and efficient 12Mb/s throughput rate.
- MIC (Memory in Cassette) - The AIT cartridges feature a built-in flash memory chip that stores directory and operational information. The result is rapid access to desired data and greatly reduced loading and ejection times.
- DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) Coating - The tape surface is protected by a smooth carbon coating that is nearly as hard as diamond and 20 times harder than metal oxides. The benefit is maximum reliability and life.
- AME (Advanced Metal Evaporated) Tape - Now Sony delivers 100% pure cobalt for high retentivity. Patented process for depositing a pure metal magnetic layer directly on the basefilm without adhesive or binders. The benefit from this AME technology is maximum recording performance.