Sony PDW-U2 USB 3.0 XDCAM Disc Drive
Ships in 1-2 weeks.
This compact, mobile, and highly cost-effective drive utilizes a new generation dual channel head system, capable of reading XDCAM discs up to 2.6x faster than the preceding PDW-U1 model. Works with nonlinear editing systems, for simple viewing, and logging operations when connected to a lap-top or desk top PC computer. Uses SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface for the fastest throughput, and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 interfaces. Simply connect the PDW-U2 and it will show up as an external drive on your computer's screen.
- Handles files in all formats of XDCAM HD and SD
- Compatible with single-layer disc (PFD-23A), dual-layer disc (PFD-50DLA), and triple-layer disc (PFD100TLA)
- Added support to read and write quad-layer, 128GB write once discs (PFD-128QLW)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface, backwards compatible with Hi-speed USB 2.0 interface
- Direct access to files on Professional Disc media from a USB-connected PC