Sony Rewarding Recording FAQ
- What is Rewarding Recording?
- How does TapeOnline track my Sony Dollars?
- I can't login. How do I obtain my login information?
- What products qualify for Sony Rewarding Recording Dollars?
- Do my Sony Dollars expire if I don't use them?
- Is there a minimum purchase amount?
- Do I have to purchase $1,000 on every order?
- When can I redeem my Dollars?
- What if I don't want TapeOnline to report my Sony Dollars to Sony?
- How do I report purchases if I don't want TapeOnline to do it for me?
Rewarding Recording is Sony's Professional Media loyalty program. You get 2.5% back on purchases of qualified products to spend on on Sony merchandise and services. TapeOnline makes the process easier by automatically report your qualified purchases to Sony, eliminating all the time-consuming paperwork that you'd normally need to do. If you choose not to participate, you can opt-out at anytime through your TapeOnline account.
Each month, we tally up your purchases of qualifying products and report them to Sony. Sony then credits your account at 2.5% times the amount of your purchase, or more if there is a promotion on specific items.
If you are not already enrolled in the program, Sony will create a new account for you and deposit your dollars in it. An e-mail will be sent with logon information for the Sony web site. No extra effort will be required on your part.
When we report a new customer to the Rewarding Recording database, Sony generates an email to the customer containing a UserID and Password. But, occasionally this information is not communicated.
To obtain your login information, you must call the Sony Rewarding Recording Hotline, toll free, at (866) 322-7749. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Then go to https://www.rewardingrecordingmer.com/ to login and spend your Sony Dollars. NOTE: We would be more than happy to do this for our customers, but Sony will only give this information directly to the customer.
Nearly all Sony's professional video, audio and data media products are included in the program:
- DVCAM™, DigitalMaster™ and VG Series Digital Videocassettes
- XDCAM® Professional Disc™ Media
- XDCAM® hardware – PDW-U2
- SxS Memory Cards
- Portable Storage – Hard Disk & Solid State Drives
- Betacam SP, Betacam SX, Digital Betacam Videocassettes
- HDCAM™, HDCAM SR™ High Definition Videocassettes
- MPEG IMX Videocassettes
- Optical Disc Archive Cartridges
- LTO™ Data Cartridges
- AIT 8mm Data Cartridges
- Portable Storage Units
- XQD Memory Cards
Yes. Sony Dollars accrue between July 1st and June 30th of each year. You must use your Sony dollars accrued during the past program period by August 31st. The dollars expire if not used by this date.
Yes. You must have purchased at least $1,000 in either the current program year or any previous program year. Once you have purchased $1,000 in a program period you are eligible for the life of the program regardless of your current year purchases.
For example, you purchased a total of $1,000 two years ago, but only $500 this year. Your $500 in purchases (approximately $12.50 Sony Dollars) would be eligible for redemption.
Nope. Eligible transactions can be of any amount.
Anytime you have Sony dollars in your account. But, watch out for the August 31st expiration date.
Just send an e-mail to email@example.com and tell us you don't want TapeOnline to do this for you.
Log on to the Rewarding Recording website and follow the instructions found there. You will need to setup an account if you don't already have one, enter the invoices we have sent you, and mail a copy to the address provided.
Wouldn't it just be easier to let us do it for you?